Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Reality Today

My buddy "Reality" and I are wonderful friends. We've had our disagreements and I've kicked and screamed at Reality many times for the evils endured, but I can look back and see the benefits.

I first met Reality when I was 4. I didn't understand at the time, but now I see that Reality showed me the dark & cruel side of the human persona. Then when I was 7, Reality introduced me to the concept of hidden truths. At 12, it put me through the trials of heavy heartache and loss (miss you, Dad). At 17, it showed me the hypocrisy of the human identity, but rewarded me with a beautiful & healthy son. I am happy to say that at 21, I can successfully apply all these hardships to my daily life.

Thank-you, Reality, for being a great friend and teaching me. I wouldn't be "me" without you. I'm looking forward to the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment